Review's Coming

The Summoning

Followers

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy By: Suzanne Collins


Author: Suzanne Collins
Genre: Young Adult Fiction

My Rating: 5/5

Overall the trilogy was amazing, I couldn’t put either of the 3 books down. The Hunger Games was a stand alone amazing book, the characters were well written and developed. You really got to know each and every one of them on a personal level. You got to witness how Katniss Everdeen had a hard time accepting that she would indeed have to take another’s persons life in order to survive and Peeta the other tribute from district 12 still remaining genuine throughout this whole “battle to the death” game show. At the end you are left wondering about Katniss and Peeta’s fate at together at the end of the book.
Catching Fire was a much anticipation after reading The Hunger Games. You didn’t know how Peeta,Katniss, and Gale’s relationships changed after the games. Katniss is torn between what is right for her and what is right for the Capital and the districts.Does she go with what she wants? Or with what is right? Every action she makes will cause a reaction, either good or bad. She has vowed to protect Peeta as he did her once. I won’t go into too much more detail I don’t want to spoil any surprises that are in store for you when your reading this book.
Finally The MockingJay, the last book in this trilogy. I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the beginning of the book. It seemed as if Katniss had lost some of her fire from the first to books, it was like her spirit was gone. All she wanted to do was runaway, although she does make a come back after a few chapters. I really liked the other characters in the third book also, how you got to know more about their background and thoughts and views throughout the book. Such as Beetee, Finnick, and even Katniss sister Primrose, although I think Peeta’s character development in this book was a surprising turn that I did not expect.
Well that’s all I have to say about the trilogy, believe me I would write more but I hate spoilers. Take my word for it all 3 books are worth the read. I hope everyone enjoyed reading my review. Can’t wait to read your comments.

♥DeeDee♥

No comments:

Post a Comment