Review's Coming

The Summoning

Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: Elixir by Hilary Duff

Elixir by Hilary Duff
         Genre : Young Adult/Paranormal Romance

My Rating: 4/5

My Review

I have to admit when I saw the cover, it was a must read for me. Although, when I saw the author I thought really Hilary Duff tween idol from Disney, could it really be that good? I decided to give it a chance though.
At the beginning of the book, I was bored out of my mind. The character development took way to long for me. At the begging Clea was annoying an way to anal about everything, I mean I get it she misses her father and she try’s rationalize everything, but you don’t have to bring it up on every page. It was agonizing reading the first 5 chapters of this book. Sorry for my brutally honesty, but I am just use to diving right into a book and it not taking 5 freaking chapters to get to something good.
Although, in chapter 6 things began to turn around. A plot developed and the characters began coming into there own in the book. Clea wasn’t sad, depressive and annoying anymore. Instead she started to go with her gut and or heart on things. She had genuine feelings and concerns about her travel companion Ben who has been with her for years and is secretly in love with. Then there is Sage a boy she seems to know nothing about hiim yet feels a connection to him. He has been in all of her dreams up until the day, they met. I felt like I was reading another love triangle, but this was different because Clea actually knew who she belonged with. *Not going to Spoil it, you must read to find out*.
Sage’s character’s I feel in love with the moment he was introduced. The mystery surrounding who he was, and what his intentions for Clea were, was awesomely written.  You didn’t get the entire truth till the very end. Then cliffhanger.  When I finally got into the book it ended, bit I am happy to announce there is a second book called Devoted, I yes I will be reading it very soon. 
This book had so many twist and shocking turns that I couldn’t put it down toward the end. The story line in this series is dramatic and romantic. The ending was a left opened for the perfect beginning for the second book in the series. I give Hilary Duff props for writing a new and interesting take on a love story.  I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

♥DeeDee♥


2 comments:

  1. Lol when i first saw it i thought it was Hillary from the Disney too!
    Hahah btw good review!
    New follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following(I am following your blog btw), oh and I will posting the review for the second book soon. I personally think the second book in the series totally out done the first one.

      Delete