Review's Coming

The Summoning

Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review: One For The Money by: Janet Evanovich


One For The Money by: Janet Evanovich
Genre: Chic-Lit/ Mystery/ Drama

My Rating: 5/5

My Review

This the first book in the Stephanie Plum Series,  I actually thought this was  good book.  Stephanie Plum is a woman down on her luck, try do odd jobs to make money to pay her outstanding bills. As a last resort she begs her cousin Vinnie a bail bonds for a job as a bounty hunter. This book is about her ups and downs of learning to become a bounty hunter, as well as trying to hunt down the one person that Stephanie can’t stand the most Joe Morelli. She still as a grudge against him from high school, when he took her virginity and never called her back.
I had my doubts at first, but this book kept you on your toes the whole time. You were trying to figure out who was innocent and who was  guilty.Telling the story from the main character’s perspective was good too. Sometimes most authors can get carried away with being in the main characters head too much ( I don’t like that). The heat and sexual tension between Plum and Morelli was awesome, and written very well, not overly done. It was like you didn't know if  they were going make passionate love or kill each other.  
The supporting character's in this book were greatly written also.  I always laughed when I read chapters with Lulu and Jackie in them. They were  great as a comedic relief.  You got to know a little bit about each supporting character (which I loved). The story line was so well written that I didn't see what happened at the ending coming.   I can’t wait to read the remaining books in this series. Look out for more of my reviews on the Stephanie Plum Series. 
♥DeeDee♥

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book also! Haven't read any more in the series yet, though. Can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went an saw the movie, and was very let down. I really wanted to give it a chance, but in my opinion the book was 10 times better. After you watch it let me know what you thought.

      Delete