Review's Coming

The Summoning

Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review Devoted by Hilary Duff

Devoted by Hilary Duff
         Genre : Young Adult/Paranormal Romance

My Rating: 3/5

My Review

I was pleasantly surprised by the second book in the Elixir Series. It was much better t than the first book. The characters were more likable in this book I think. If you read my pervious review, I despised Clea in the first half of Elixir; she was so needy, whiney, and depressing. Although, in Devoted she was a strong female lead in the book.  Her relationship is Ben had had dramatically changed in Devoted. The chemistry and friendship between them was non-existent. I personally didn’t mind the distance between them, I always wanted her to be Sage anyway. I was so happy that she didn’t play up the whole love triangle in this book too. Sage’s character wasn't written in so much (didn’t like). While I was reading I was always wonder what his character was going through and what he was doing. She did introduce 4 new characters. Which I thought the story could do without. I felt that the addition of Amelia and her family was a vain attempt to make us question who was good and evil and feel justified in our narrator's choices. The narrative from Amelia felt less like a little girl and more like lecture on our story's background. Over all I think it was a decent read. I wouldn’t call t one of my favorites but I didn’t hate it.

♥DEEDEE♥

1 comment:

  1. I love it that now she is an author. I haven't read this book yet but I bet it must be awesome!!
    Aai Marsh @ Books With Marshmallows

    ReplyDelete