Review's Coming

The Summoning

Followers

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review Two For The Dough By: Janet Evanovich




Two For The Dough by: Janet Evanovich
Genre: Chic-Lit/ Drama

MY RATING: 3/5

My Review


I read and loved the first Stephanie Plum book "One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich and LOVED it! I thought it was funny, brilliant, fast paced, and just a good time. So, in the mood for something light I picked up the second book in the series, "Two for the Dough". Stephanie Plum returns as the inexperienced bounty hunter who works for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bond office. This time she’s after Kenny Mancuso who shot his best friend. He also happens to be a distant cousin of the vice cop Joe Morelli who is both a scourge and a blessing to Stephanie. Now, this story is what I expected, a fun and light-hearted romp. Joe Morelli is back and continues to try to woo Stephanie! I really hope to see those too hook up in a later book series; I think it would add a ton of humor. The funniest character in the book was Grandma Mazur. Seriously, she is an amazing character and I think her funeral parlor stalking is hilarious. However, I felt like the second book lacked some of the action that book one was full to the brim of. Now, I understand this is a series, so I will probably prefer some of the books over others. This one wasn't BAD just not as good. Still a joyride of a book though! 


♥DeeDee♥

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read it! I have the first 10 books on my shelf, and have only read the first one!

    ReplyDelete